How information can be mis- reported


 
I saw this title today and was bothered about something:

“For-Profit College Will Pay Up to $2.5M to U.S”.


Now the very short article is talking specifically about “American Commercial Colleges” however, the way the title reads seems more like a dig at all For-Profit schools.

It is not unusual for some people to get a lot of their news information from just the headlines, but the trouble is the headlines need to be a clearer. There are a lot of good players in the education industry, and a For-Profit college is not inherently bad. As someone who has benefited from non-traditional education, I feel that what I learned is highly relevant and applicable in today’s market.

American Commercial Colleges got dinged, not the whole For-Profit industry so let us be clear on how we report the news.

We want to set a good example do we not?

Dr Flavius A B Akerele III
The ETeam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you want my business

The truth about “black on black crime’ by Dr Flavius Akerele III

Does this still exist in the true form?