Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Searching for upbeat news in education


Every day as I search the educational news, I am looking for uplifting inspiration. I am looking for genuine good news not good spin and positive gains not basic improvements. I am looking for stuff that makes me excited to share to everyone so that everyone else can pass it along. This is getting harder and harder to do.

I have blogged about this before, and I will continue to do so until this changes; our tone in education is all doom and gloom.

We are not excited about education the way we should be; instead, we are always worried. We are not talking about the latest true innovations in teaching, but rather all the areas we are lacking. We do not celebrate good educators enough (once a year); we just continually talk about the bad ones (everyday). Have you ever noticed that if anyone was ever a teacher (no matter how short a period or even if you were a substitute) and they do something wrong, they are always “a former teacher…”?

Tone has a lot to do with how this conversation is going, so I will end with what I think is some good news; my kids love school and love learning. I enjoy hearing what they have to share with me every day, and I hope I always will.


Dr Flavius A B Akerele III

The ETeam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, thoughtful, and relevant with your comments:))