Searching for upbeat news in education


Every day as I search the educational news, I am looking for uplifting inspiration. I am looking for genuine good news not good spin and positive gains not basic improvements. I am looking for stuff that makes me excited to share to everyone so that everyone else can pass it along. This is getting harder and harder to do.

I have blogged about this before, and I will continue to do so until this changes; our tone in education is all doom and gloom.

We are not excited about education the way we should be; instead, we are always worried. We are not talking about the latest true innovations in teaching, but rather all the areas we are lacking. We do not celebrate good educators enough (once a year); we just continually talk about the bad ones (everyday). Have you ever noticed that if anyone was ever a teacher (no matter how short a period or even if you were a substitute) and they do something wrong, they are always “a former teacher…”?

Tone has a lot to do with how this conversation is going, so I will end with what I think is some good news; my kids love school and love learning. I enjoy hearing what they have to share with me every day, and I hope I always will.


Dr Flavius A B Akerele III

The ETeam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you want my business

The truth about “black on black crime’ by Dr Flavius Akerele III

Does this still exist in the true form?