Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Academics have egos and there is nothing wrong with that


If academics did not have egos, we would not be able to reach the heights we have achieved, we would not be interested in lofty goals, excellence, and things that make us stand out.

Sure, we need to keep our egos in check from time to time, but our egos are part of what makes us who we are.

Do not forget this when decisions are made that affect us, no matter how trivial, do not forget the perception others outside your organization might have as well.

It is ego that has made me the 7th generation of college educated in my family, it was ego that allowed my grandfather to hood my father when he received his MD, and my father to hood me when I received my doctorate. Ego can breed excellence if used correctly.


I have earned my ego, and will use it to achieve even more.

Dr Flavius A B Akerele III

The ETeam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, thoughtful, and relevant with your comments:))