Wednesday, September 2, 2015

I am right and you are wrong: an education issue



It seems like a fair number of discussions I have gotten into recently end with “agreeing to disagree’ or something similar. I am not an argumentative type, but I do think I use logic (or try to) in my discussions, and I am most definitely open to be wrong and learning from that.

Have you encountered that person or persons who feel that they know everything but yet have nothing to back it up? We actually have great examples of this from the last eight years of politics, and more recent example with the myriad of presidential candidates.

When did honest debate and admitting when you are wrong go out of style or has it really gone out style? Why are we so afraid to talk about the various elephants in the room? When did we all become so rude? Have we forgotten how to communicate with each other on a simple human level due to all the various forms of electronic communication (keyboard warriors), or is it we really just do not care anymore?
 

These are things that I think about sometimes, but as educator, thinking about them is not enough because solutions are needed.

What are the solutions? More to come…

Dr Flavius A B Akerele III

The ETeam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, thoughtful, and relevant with your comments:))