Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Online Etiquette




With today’s rapid methods of communication, we often forget to slow down sometimes and actually communicate. Worse, we think nothing of communicating really badly:

“i missed ta class yesterday, well honestly because i was out to late and feelin’

crappy the next day did i miss anything cn i make up the quiz?”

“dear XXXX. Hows it going? I am writing 2 U to let U know that we are mssing you transcripts and U will not be admitted. I know you are probably on vakay, but I thought I’d drop you a line. Later!”

I kid you not; these are real supposedly professional emails in an education setting!

Slow down people and remember we are in the business of education, and the first step is to communicate effectively.


Dr Flavius A B Akerele III

The ETeam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, thoughtful, and relevant with your comments:))