- Being a patriot does not mean you must have done a combat tour in the military, only 7% of the population currently serve, and of that 7% percent most will never see combat. But I dare you to try and run a war without your supply or mess hall unit; let me know how that works out for you. Also, do not tell me the community volunteers are not serving their country
- Hoisting a flag in your front yard does not make you a patriot. Most people are not even aware of proper flag protocol anyway, but they mean well. The flag is a symbol of something bigger than you not a symbol of you.
- Being anti immigrant does not make you a patriot, especially since this country was built on immigration (listen to what I just said not what you interpreted)
- You do not have to be a diehard Christian to be a patriot, there are many people practicing Christian values who have never step foot in a church in their life: does that make them bad?
Saturday, May 9, 2015
Tuesday, May 5, 2015
Monday, May 4, 2015
Look beyond skin color for just a moment….
· A young woman is shot in the back of police car while handcuffed and the story is that she shot at the police, while handcuffed behind her back.
· A realtor is shot by the sheriff while showing a house, and the sheriff simply walks away from the scene and none says anything
· A young man enters a police car and gets carried out dead
· A 12 year old boy is punched several times by cops while handcuffed
· A young woman with mental problems is tazed to death by a police officer
· A mentally ill young man is shot by the police for doing nothing
· How many citizens in the last decade have committed suicide by shooting themselves in the back 12 times?
I could go on, and I know what some of you are thinking, which means you are missing the point. Take away skin color for just a moment, and ask yourself: does that really matter? Citizens are dead, they died tragically, and they died at the hands of people who are supposed to protect and serve them.
The common denominator is that the aggressors are cops, and that most of the citizens are poor or do not have a voice. Video and social media is changing this a little, but not much.
Wake up people! We have a military presence in our midst that by virtue of recent history has a clear mandate to harm citizens of this country. They are not part of community, they have their own community. They roll through your neighborhood like conquerors, and we fear them. That should be the argument. Not something as base and ignoble as skin color.
Dr Flavius A B Akerele III