Thursday, May 29, 2014

If I were 22


If I were 22

#IfIWere22

If I could go back and give myself advice, I would let myself know that “you are not invincible” and to always have a plan just in case. At the same time, I would advise myself to take chances on certain things that were outside my comfort zone because life needs risk from time to time.

Am I where I want to be? I think the answer is I am where I should be, because what we want and what we need are often very different things

Advice I would give those entering the workforce today is to remember that the basics never go away, no matter what the new technology says. Learn the basics things well so you can use all this new technology the way it “should be used” versus the way it is being used. If you want to know what the basics are, just remember the lessons our parents taught us: make real friends and be a real friend, be polite, be kind, be considerate, and think for yourself.

Dr Flavius A B Akerele III

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, thoughtful, and relevant with your comments:))