“Obama Promises Government wide Scrutiny of Campus Rape”
“President Obama pledged on Wednesday to develop a "coordinated federal response" to address campus rape and sexual assault, calling for more-transparent enforcement of applicable laws and greater emphasis on developing effective campus policies to prevent and respond to sexual assault.”
“Although "an inspiring wave of student-led activism" has spurred more students to report such assaults, Mr. Obama said during remarks at the White House, colleges need to do more to keep students safe. Government agencies can help them come up with better policies and put those ideas into practice, he said.”
“The White House Task Force on Protecting Students From Sexual Assault, which the president created on Wednesday in a memorandum to executive departments and agencies, will lead the new effort. Its objectives are to:
- Provide colleges with evidence-based best practices for preventing and responding to rape and sexual assault.
- Make sure institutions "comply fully" with their legal obligations in the area.
- Increase the transparency of federal enforcement.
- Broaden public awareness of individual colleges' compliance with relevant laws.
- Facilitate coordination among federal agencies involved with the issue.”Read the res there: http://chronicle.com/article/Obama-Promises-Governmentwide/144147/?cid=at&utm_source=at&utm_medium=en
We shall see…
Dr Flavius A B Akerele III