Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Classism in higher ed continued




Interesting article titled “Not a School for People Like Them”

“When I teach my undergraduates at my elite, private school they all recognize the for-profit college ads I play to introduce the idea of higher education stratification. I ask them why they did not apply to Everest or Strayer when they were applying to college. They tell me that it’s not a school for people like them”.


That is quite a statement!

Other than access to contacts, what do you think are the advantages of going the elite route? What do you think are the advantages/disadvantages of the for-profit route? What is best for today’s non-traditional student?

Hope you all chime in.

Dr Flavius A B Akerele III

The ETeam

1 comment:

  1. No one can deny with importance of higher education in this century. As we have seen the advancing world on every minute so after completion of education you need to read resume writing service reviews to get a better resume as well as a sincere advice to choose good job.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful, thoughtful, and relevant with your comments:))