Can you answer a strong yes to these questions?
· Do you have a robust and supportive onboarding process for your part-time faculty?
· Does your part-time faculty get the administrative, technological, and general support it needs on time?
· Do you regularly let your part-time faculty know you appreciate them?
· Do the part-time faculty have a voice in changes that affect them?
· When was the last time you had meaningful conversations with the part-time faculty that work for you? Do you know who works for you?
I am sure a lot of people answered yes because that is what you believe; that is what you know. However, would your part-time faculty agree with you? Can you answer that question?
If you cannot answer a strong unequivocal yes to all those simple questions, you might have some work to do in order to keep and attract your most valuable assets: your faculty.
Dr Flavius A B Akerele III