Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Keeping your head held high after professional disappointment



Since the recession, professional disappointment has almost become the norm in education it seems. We get disappointed in students performance, our bosses, raises, our jobs, etc. If we are not careful, it can soon lead to wallowing in self-pity, and that is an awful way to drown!
I do not have all the solutions, but I would like to share what has worked for me personally:
  1. Stay busy! Write, read, research, and exercise
  2. Take stock of what you do have and be grateful for it
  3. Do something that you are passionate about (for me it’s riding a motorcycle)
Stay positive my friends, it can only get better!
Dr Flavius A B Akerele III
The ETeam


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, thoughtful, and relevant with your comments:))