A new article today in chronicle; but not really a new subject. http://chronicle.com/article/As-GI-Bill-Expands-So-Do/136241/?cid=at&utm_source=at&utm_medium=en. It calls for "tracking of veterans academic success"; again.
Why should we care about how veterans are doing in school?
1. We track all other students, especially those using financial aid
2. We want our veterans to succeed
3. It could, and probably will save money by putting funds where they are most needed for veterans academic success
4. It can prevent fraud by unscrupulous players in higher education
5. It will preserve the entitlement for future generations
6. Because it is the smart thing to do
We are in analysis paralysis with this subject, let's take some action and start doing it in a meaningful way now, because time is wasting.
Dr Flavius A B Akerele III